Monday 3 November 2014

I AM:


I am the beast that bellows, at abattoir’s door,

I am the bear muzzled, with strap around maw,

I am the poor dog that´s kicked, beaten & chained,

I am the human, who should hang his head in shame.

 

I am the sad bird behind bars, of imprisoning cage,

I am the performing animal, upon the human stage,

I am the wild one, poached, shot, trapped & netted,

I am the human, who should be judged & sure vetted.

 

I am the fur, skin & feather that you wear in your garb

I am the broken body on your snare, hook & your barb,

I am the flesh, dead within your pot, pan & china plate,

I am the human that all beasts, should rightfully hate.

 

Yet you, of fur, feather, talon, scale, maw & soft paw,

Never judging, nor ever asking man, “What´s it all for?”

Yet, you´re all still so gentle, kind & still so very mild,

I am the human being, who is cruel & so horribly wild.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment