Friday 14 November 2014

DON´T CUT THE CHEESE:


We share the chores at home, between you & me,

Retired now both, we have more time to be free,

You´d do all the dishes & I would do mopping up,

You´d feed our old cat & I´d walk our small pup.

 

We´d go out & do our grocery shopping together,

You´d buy favourite cheese, which tasted of heather,

You said it was made only by God´s very own touch,

And that a taste like this cheese, was heaven as such.

 

At six every evening, it was our own sundowner time,

You would cut the cheese, while I poured the red wine,

You would never let me cut your precious gold cheese,

As you said that it had to be cut, as thin as light breeze.

 

Then God came & took you away & all suddenly changed,

Your chores I added to mine & my loneliness I re-arranged,

At six I still pour the red wine, but now without any cheese,

Because you once said, I never cut it, as light as the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment