Saturday 18 May 2013

NO PERFUMES ANYMORE:



In those innocent days of young wonderful wooing,
Kissed by soft zephyrs beneath the elegant willows,
Where cooling streams trickled & doves sat cooing,
When love bloomed & soft moss became our pillows,
You gave me perfumes of sunshine, stars & lilac lakes,
Dabbing it behind my knees, with tender & gentle kiss,
Now those scents, eloped with regretful rued mistakes,
No perfumes anymore, all gone, but it´s you I really miss.

You once brought to me perfumes, from far & distant lands,
From hot summer days, sultry sands & trees of sunny palms,
You´d caress gold oils upon my wrists, just behind my hands,
Of jasmine, rose & prettiness, bestowing such peaceful balm,
Perfumes of salty seas, crackling with frissoned saline verve,
Wafting through my old soul & settling deep within my heart,
Now faded scents no more, departed, setting aflame my nerve,
Drifting away with your presence, all perfumes sadly depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment