Tuesday 28 May 2013

ASK THE WINDS:



I seek, I plead, I ask, to every God & Deity as I daily pray,
Questioning on my bended knees, I faintly swoon & sway,
Softly blowing Zephyrs of sweet exotic & cinnamon breath,
Tell me the difference between life & of impending death.

 I hear Mistral´s minstrels moaning in mountains cold & mauve,
I peer through mullioned panes of the old Druids magic groves,
In your icy groaning, I hark, I strain & I eventually hear & heed,
Tell me, what is it, from this human, that this old planet needs?

Harmattan, crippling winds of Africa, parching, dull & dusty dry,
Why is it that man is so very cruel, please tell me, why oh why?
You blow their meager seeds to dust, then bury them all in hell,
Why do you suck the life out of every river, lake & lowly well?

Sirocco, warm & softly sultry, you of Saharan gold & rainy wind,
Whipping every beast & Bedouin, brown, gritted & grainy skinned,
Why beneath the golden dunes, are secrets hidden down & deep?
So when digging with broken nails, all we leave behind are heaps.

Levanter, windy flamenco voiced of blustery, gusty & murky greys,
Blowing willy-nilly, hot & cold, scorching weary souls along the way,
Briny Mediterranean minions pray pleading upon their broken knees,
Be banished & take this madness with you, go, we beg you, go please.

Winds by nature, winds by name & in every corner of this earth,
Some may kill, some may cure & some may come to give us birth,
Tell us please of your secrets & then be on your windy blowy way,
Leaving all of us, mere stems at your bidding, to bow & gently sway.

No comments:

Post a Comment