Wednesday 6 May 2015

AS A GENTLEMAN SHOULD:


I don´t want your gold, silver & trinkets of gems,

Please don´t buy me gowns of lacy frilled hems,

I do not want silk ribbons & combs for my curls,

I´ve no need for fine fabrics encrusted with pearls,

Please just talk to me gently, as a gentleman should.

 

I don´t want floral bouquets, or the single red rose,

Don´t gift me heady perfumes that tickle my nose,

No need to tempt me with ambrosia, for me to dine,

I´ve no need for stamped grapes of the finest of wine,

Please just talk to me gently, as a gentleman should.

 

I don´t want your promises, of life full of riches & fame,

I am certainly not interested, in your titled good name,

The words of your poetry & your serenaded night song,

If they´re not spoken softly to me, are so totally wrong,

Please just talk gently to me as a gentleman should.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment