Tuesday 31 March 2015

INVISIBLE FRIENDS:


I´ve never heard your voice, nor touched your face,

I live here & you live in some distant & far-off place,

I´ve never kissed your cheek, nor shook your hand,

Our friendship just happened & wasn’t even planned.

 

I´ve never offered you a meal, a tea, a coffee or wine,

 Yet strangely, still consider you, a good friend of mine,

We have never danced together, nor gone for a walk,

We have never sat in a restaurant for hours, just to talk.

 

In the days gone by, we´d have been pen-pals by name,

Now it´s twitter, face book & skype, in the end, the same,

But you are my friend afar, & I sincerely hope so forever,

That no matter the distance, we´ll always be together.

 

Called invisible friends, on-line, virtual, supposedly unreal,

But I know, that when I am happy or sad, I know you feel,

You hold out your hand & with kind words from your end,

Simply for that, I thank you, for being my very real friend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment