Thursday 12 March 2015

HOLY MEN:


I asked the Priest, “Where is God when I´m in the lurch?”

He told me I would find Him, only if I went to his church,

I asked the Rabbi, “Where is God in this world so unfair?”

He told me that I would find Him, upon life’s final stair,

I asked the Imam, “Where is God when I´m feeling down?”

He told me I would find Him, within the authoritive frown,

I asked the Guru, “Where is God of every man & nation?”

He told me that I would find Him, within reincarnation,

I asked the Lama, “Where is God, when continue, I can´t?”

He told me I would find Him, within mantra´s old chant,

I asked them all, “Where is God, when I´ve lost all hope?”

In Church, Synagogue, Temple, Pagoda & Vatican of Pope,

From pillar to post I would search, ramble & wearily rove,

Until I reached the old Druid, within his green forest Grove,

I asked him, “Where is God? I have searched far & so wide,

Ever so gently he said, “Child, He lives within you, deep inside”.

No comments:

Post a Comment