Friday 27 March 2015

I WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL MAMA:


I want to go to school Mama, but,

I´ve no clean water to wash at day´s start,

I´ve no clothes, in which to look smart,

I´ve no shoes, in which to walk to school,

The pupils will think that I´m just a fool,

I´ve no warm food to eat, to start my day,

I think it may be better, if at home, I stay,

I want to learn sums, how to read & write,

I want to know the sun & moon at night,

I have no books, no paper, no ruler, no pen,

Tell me Mama, how can I go to school then?

 

You´ll go to school child, but of another kind,

My child I shall teach you, of all that I know,

Of rivers, seas & of how the bush winds blow,

I shall show you animals & wild growing herbs,

I´ll teach you the languages of a thousand birds,

I´ll tell you about the sun, moon & a million stars,

I´ll show the secrets of planets, Jupiter & Mars,

Child of mine, remember, you´re nobody´s fool,

You don´t need new clothes just to go to school,

Your tutors shall be your own ears, heart & eyes,

Child, your life is the book that´ll make you wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment