Tuesday 5 August 2014

I JUST WANT:


I am greedy, many things I want & need,

The sunny little face, of the unknown weed,

The reedy beds, of the river mud squelching,

The voices of bull-frogs, upon lily-pads, belching.

 

So many things, but of which don´t cost a dime,

The little things, that get lost & disappear in time,

Birdsong, springtime blooms & autumnal leaves,

The calling of the ocean, as she breathes & heaves.

 

I want the soft velvet nights, in dark midnight blues,

Caped in diamond stars, as scribed by poets muse,

I want deep jaded forests, where the small folk sleep,

And marble mountains, where the waterfalls weep.

 

I don´t want much of life, just the still quiet places,

Where I may see the rocks & their wise stone faces,

Please don´t judge my vision & my simple choices,

I just want the songs, upon nature´s sweet voices.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment