Wednesday 6 February 2013

WELSH BEAUTIES:



So many poets hold you in high esteem & such wonderful awe,
Bards waxing lyrical & in exaltation of your magnificent score,
But my beauties, do you really care, or do you even really know?
Or are you a just happy to sway in woods as the sweet winds blow?

Fields, woods & forests of sunshine & of swaying ancient Welsh gold,
Every little flower, to my proud Celtic bosom I embrace & tightly hold,
Across the green valleys, the echoing of the ancestors voices singing,
As joy in sunny petals goes fluttering in the breeze & fly away winging.

You are graced with the joyful, funny & giggling little buttered faces,
Garbed in skirts & bonnets, gowns of frilled hems in golden silky laces,
Conducting the plumed Eisteddfod´s choirs with batons of spring green,
No sounds sweeter resound through the valleys, no better one ever seen.

My little Welsh beauties, how I love you, my pretty sweet golden daffodils,
You´re more than just the blooms chasing away the icy winter time chills,
So hail to you my beauties & I shall toast you by raising my fecund flagon,
And thank the ancient Gods; I belong to the daffodil & the proud red dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment