Sunday 3 February 2013

HOME:



Who needs rooms of mortar, bricks, laminated doors & partitioned walls?
Not I,
For the dunes, moors, trees, stones & the forests are my airy & roomy halls,
 Mountains, tors, stony hills & woods, keep me dry when the stormy rain falls.

Who needs roof of dome, thatch, tile & slate, concrete, tin or of pretty frieze?
Not I,
For I am covered by a canopy of loving leaves & protected by frilly hill-top trees,
Ceiling decorated by creamy moons, twinkling stars & the soft serenading breeze.

Who needs a front door of laminates, fancy bronzed knockers with tight lock & key?
Not I,
For I have the opening portals of the ancient standing stones & of welcoming old tree,
Just knock with good heart & a winsome smile, that´s all needed to be opened by me.

Who needs electricity, gas, heaters, hobs & ovens, central heating & fantastical stoves?
Not I,
For I am warmed by the soft gilded sunshine, dappling & warming my magical groves,
My lamps, chimney & hearth are dressed & dance in the golden beams of dusky rose.

Who needs water chlorinated & tapped, or plastically bottled in torrid green or blue?
Not I,
I have raindrops, snowflakes, swirling mists & dainty droplets of fresh morning dew,
Rivers rushing, streams streaming, brooks babbling, rivulets & crystal waterfalls too.

Who needs those carpets of wool, the silken mats & rugs, marble or polished linos?
Not I,
For I tread upon autumnal leaves & grasses where the sweet clover lives, lies & grows,
My carpet, the dewy mosses where I can frolic, dance & wiggle my summer-time toes.

Who needs night´s coverings of blankets in heavy wool, duvets & of flannelette sheet?
Not I,
For I am wrapped in the forest´s leafy arms & rocked to slumber within a floral pleat,
I need no fabrics of man, when enfolded by the webs spun by little spiders’ tiny feet.

My kingdom, my world, my house, & my space, it stands aloof, proud & totally alone,
Yes I,
Am blessed by the golden sun, creamy moon, rivers, trees, stars & the ancient stone,
And I welcome you within my humble abode & always welcoming, embracing home.



No comments:

Post a Comment