Tuesday 26 February 2013

SUNBEAMED DANCE:



With prising sun-rayed fingers you lift my heavy-lidded eyes,
And peer within my soul, ensuring that at night I did not die,
Then you dance around the walls, waltzing me wide awake,
I have no choice but to take your hand & follow in your wake,
And with your forceful laughter, you push me through the door,
You dazzle me with promises of today & what may be in store,
Hand in hand we seize the morn, with a hoppity skip & prance,
You lead me through the afternoon of your dizzy saffron dance,
With the encroachment of the evening´s soft & swirling mists,
Our dance becomes melancholic, yet you still stubbornly desist,
Casting your rosy old fingered beams across the dry sleepy fields,
We wend our way back home where we both now fold & yield,
To the silken mantle of the moon & the blanket of ebony night,
And when stars upon their canvas disappear from our inky sight,
You´ll creep again into my room & then peeping at me askance,
Ask, “Would you do me the honour & with this old sunbeam dance?”

No comments:

Post a Comment