Tuesday 19 February 2013

FIRST LOVE:



I remember the very first day I set my eyes upon you,
Hair in red pigtails & in a dress of pretty cornflower blue,
Our first day at school & we were both so painfully shy,
Our desks together, I sweated so much, not knowing why,
I lent you a soft pencil as you had forgotten yours at home,
You smiled at me sweetly & shyly & I would inwardly groan,
We became inseparable friends & I´d carry your heavy old bag,
Summer vacations sped by & school days would so often drag,
I´d hold your tiny hand & often steal a pure & chaste little kiss,
We´d rush home to Gran´s cookies, something we´d never miss,
We would fish & explore & we would muddy our scuffed knees,
We would walk your small pup in the snow & not feel the freeze,
The years flew by, we both grew up & we went our separate ways,
Girlfriends came & went & then one day my new wife came to stay,
I became a father & I heard that you had wed & too became a mum,
The children arrived, grew & then their time came & away they flew,
I am an old widower now, I´ve lived my life, but I´ve always loved you.



No comments:

Post a Comment