Thursday 6 December 2012

WHEN I´M DEAD AND GONE:



Don´t lock me in a niche behind the key,
Don´t inter me where the blind worms be,
Don’t keen, wail, moan, nor sadly mourn,
Don´t kneel at vigil, in death´s grey dawn.

Feel me within the breeze upon your cheek,
Hear me in the voices of the birds that speak,
See me in dawn´s & dusk´s lilac and rosy hues,
You need no churches and no sad hard pews.

No need for preacher´s words of right and wrong,
No sad tears, no committed sin, no dull-dirged song,
No widowed-weeds, no ashes, no sinner´s black sack,
Nothing is wrong, don´t cry, to home, I´m going back.

 Touch me daily upon the velvet flower´s petal,
See me on the shore, where the soft waves settle,
Sense me wherever you see the sweet child´s smile,
I am in everything around you, I´ve not gone a mile.

So when I´m dead and gone away, back to my home,
I don´t want you to mourn, nor feel sad and all alone,
Rejoice my life with a Smile and a laugh & sing, sing, sing,
And know that I´m here with you in every little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment