Thursday 6 December 2012

PROTECT ME:



Protect me from this world, my old dear love,
Enfold me in your arms like the wings of a dove,
I don´t want your hard-earned wads of money,
I don´t want your golden, sweet & exotic honey,
I don´t taste nectar in your diamonds & jewels,
Just protect me from this world, so cold & cruel.

Hide me from the icy floes of people´s acid tongues,
By humming lullabies of our childhood, sweetly sung,
Protect me from those monsters of the deepest night,
 Protect my delicate, vulnerable & frightened plight,
Keep me warm & safe in the murky, dark, frosty morns,
And keep me from society´s nasty, evil & fickle horns.

Please protect me & love me, my sweet dear man,
Be my caring shepherd & I´ll be your loving lamb,
Let those folk around us, mockingly & slyly smile,
And under your soft wing, I´ll gladly walk life´s mile,
Let me hear upon your tongue, my own small name,
And in asking for your protection, I feel no shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment