Friday 28 December 2012

REPAIRS:



I´m in some real need of reforming and dire repairs,
Much more than a leaking tap and old creaking stairs,
Everything is crumbling, missing or just doesn’t work,
So an overhaul I must face and I´ll try hard not to shirk.

I’ll borrow wisdom from the moon to light my cracked way,
I´ll replace my frown with the sun to brighten my dark day,
I´ll put the night´s stars in my eyes where the illusion is lost,
I shall hold you close to my hard heart just to melt the frost.

My drab grey self I´ll daub with waving season´s soft trees,
My laughter I´ll renew with the crashing of deep happy seas,
My voice I´ll replace with the songs of the happy free birds,
My old legs shall run anew with the bison´s thundering herds.

My long errant smile I´ll paint anew with bright floral blooms,
I´ll plumb my sad blocked giggles with the river´s happy tunes,
The ocean´s salty waves shall replace my long-ago dried up tears,
And refreshing raindrops shall renew my old rusty creaking years.

The scudding white clouds above shall replace my old dead dreams,
New earth beneath my sore old feet shall renovate long lost schemes,
My new found prayers shall be whispered on the passing of the breeze,
And I shall feel the cool moss of spring beneath my bended praying knees.

My old grey head of thinning hair shall turn to abundant silvery shine,
My old furrowed and bitter lips shall again learn to sip at new red wine,
My old nut hardened heart shall now soften and gently warm and turn,
As the new blood within my old veins starts to run anew and ardently burn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment