Saturday 29 December 2012

LAUGHTER:



Give me your happy laughter, oh mother of this earth,
That which I carried upon my lips at my long-ago birth,
But along this rocky road & through this very hilly life,
I lost laughter along the way, on the dark road of strife.

Give me the crisp, crackling cackle of dried autumn leaves,
Show me the raucous roaring of the ocean´s waves & seas,
Lend me the happy gurgling of the rivers, brooks & streams,
So I may laugh & giggle, instead of resorting to my screams.

Show me the joyous wind as she hilariously laughs & howls,
To chase away my sad stubborn frowns & very sorry scowls,
Let me hear the echoing through my life´s very empty halls,
The cheerful giggling of those happy & cascading waterfalls.

Give me happy gurgling of wine, poured from bottle to glass,
Too much time been wasted, been lost & gone by far too fast,
Please give to me your joyous laughter, mother of this earth,
So that I may giggle, smile & laugh all the way back to my birth.

2 comments: