Thursday 22 November 2012

MONEY:



Who or what am I by any other name?
Accused all my life of being totally insane,
Put into life´s considered normalcy frame,
Thought by people worldwide, to be a drain
On society-& so difficult to educate & tame,
Heedless who governs, no matter who reigns,
Telling me incessantly & they constantly claim,
That I affect the world-& to all, I´m life´s bane,
And that I´m the reason that the world is in pain,
If I´m blue, red, or mossy green, I´m still to blame,
Causing the pinch when scarce, inducing the strain,
But if kept in the wrong hands, within the tight frame,
They jump onto the rushing & privileged gravy train,
Financing wars, despots, all that hurt, harm & maim,
Considered by the spiritual folk, as wrong & inane,
Yet, solicited & begged for, by the sick, poor & lame,
And by the hungry & homeless who sleep in the rain,
The story of money, my story, is always the same,
Coins, cheques & notes, when scarce & on wane,
Causes nothing but sore pain & embarrassed shame,
But that everyone strives for me, that much is plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment