Thursday 22 November 2012

BROTHER:



Brother, let me be your country, your state, your safe haven´s nation,
Let me protect you from now on & let me hold you close & to me dear,
In this harsh world where we are alone, let me be your peaceful station,
Where you can come for me to hold you, tightly & to be closely near.

Separated by life´s cruel destiny, so young & without a say, you & I,
Drifting on breezes & wafting on the aching winds of endless lost time,
Getting lost in the vast firmament above, of heaven´s starry staring sky,
Carried upon the billowing surf & choking upon the tears of pickled brine.

Forever searching, I followed your footprints around the hot African sun,
Seeking & hoping they were yours, I tasted the tears from a million rains,
Looking at every moonbeam, hoping I would find your smile within just one,
I only wanted to hold you close & to chase away all your heart aching pains.

Like sticks, pebbles & stones, we were tossed astray, you one way, I the other,
Through mistaken fate & no small child´s choice of our own innocent making,
I have spent all my life seeking, searching, looking for you my little lost brother,
As our young past youth, life & its living, insisted cruelly on separating & taking.

 In our minds & hearts & behind closed lids, years have drifted so swiftly away,
As two old people, at last we have met & from afar I recognized & knew you,
And I now make a vow, I promise to you that I won´t go away, I´m here to stay,
I shall hold you close forever my little brother, in old age, just us two, Tim & Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment