Thursday 22 November 2012

DOWNSIZING:



We are growing old, ageing now far too fast,
Looking back at our lives, at our long gone past,
To when I was nubile maiden & you were a hunk,
Through stages of hippie, Goth & colourful punk.

Becoming sensible adults & parents, raising our kids,
 Going short & working hard for our hard earned quids,
Planning our future, our distant dreams & halcyon days,
Then came the wrinkles, age spots, those strands of grey.

Kids gone, nest now empty, leaving us alone, just you & I,
Days ran, mortgage paid & all too soon it´s time to retire,
My body´s long gone south & you my dear sweet hubby,
Before my eyes, have morphed from hunk to just plain tubby.

Now´s the time to downsize & bin all unnecessary things,
To get rid of, go smaller & lesser, & to shrink all that blings,
To throw out the past & all things not wanted nor needed,
Freedom, renewing & clearing; our lives hoed & weeded.

Small car, small flat, everything small, in a box all wrapped up,
All we need now is a b****y Chihuahua in a tiny floral tea cup,
Even we as a couple are shrinking, diminishing too, me & you,
Being positive, instead of small, I´d say we were now so bijou.

No comments:

Post a Comment