Wednesday 21 November 2012

HUMAN- GUILTY AS CHARGED:



Ever since poor Eve tempted Adam & told him to, “Come on & take”,
Since the dreaded rosy apple plucked, urged on by beguiling wily snake,
With an accusing pointed finger & with scorn I am besmirched,
Through all the Holy books, by God & by the sacred blessed church,
Told off by the Father, priest, Padre, & the stern black-wimpled nun.
I´m guilty for the deeds of all, the Zulus & the mighty zealous Hun.

I´m cursed by those sins of all the fathers & of that original dirty sin,
Scorned by the dogmas of all & sundry & acolytes whimsical whim.

Rape, greed, corruption & pillage & the slaying of all the innocents,
All laid upon me & my conscience by the great & might omnipotence,
Global warming, deforestation, wars, floods & all the world´s disasters,
All my guilty doing, all my guilty sins, so I´m told, by all the Holy Masters.

By the very act of being a mere human being, I´m deemed so very cruel,
Fed on the continuous diet of blame & guilt by life´s murky & sinful gruel,
The weight upon my weary sinner´s shoulders of ageing crumbling bone,
A guilty onus put upon me to carry everywhere I go, a burden set in stone.

Sorry & determined to atone, I kneel upon cracked & crumpled ageing knee,
At the end of my journey, praying for forgiveness with an ardent urgent plea,
Guilty as charged, so they tell me, though I am but a mortal, a mere simple man,
A very small human being living according to your huge & very almighty plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment