Wednesday 3 April 2013

TUMBLEWEED:



I was given roots, sap, a stem & birthed from the seed,
I grew, I flourished, I flowered & then I just simply died,
Now, I´m just a small simple shriveled up tumbleweed,
A meshed tangle, bleached, sapped & so agedly dried.

I rumble, roll & tumble over hill, dune & solitary plain,
Running through deserts where white, picked bones lay,
Under searing sun, where hungry old beasts cry in pain,
Through places where only Satan & his serpents go to play.

Through the long, sandy halls of cruel winds, I tumble & roll,
Over the lost African lands, Toledo & through old Delaware,
Burning silently over snakes unaware, rat, cat & lowly mole,
Through dusty streets where only the dead men stop & stare.

I rumble & tumble, I seek, plead & search, I wail & silently call,
To the rain & God, to please turn me back into a new little seed,
But all I hear is their laughter, echoing as I rumble, tumble & fall,
“You´ll forever now be, only a simple, dry & rolling tumbleweed.

1 comment: