Tuesday 23 April 2013

AROMA MEMORIES:



As my memory runs away with my days & into unknown years,
As my words hide, my speech sleeps & past images swim & blurs,
And my forgetful desires on horizon´s sunsets, ebbs, goes & wanes,
My Senses drift away on the past, recollection just laughs & feigns.

Walking down memory´s avenue of ground coffee freshly brewed,
To the autumn leafed bench, where long ago I was so gently wooed,
I´m smelling the scents of my bridal bouquet, of jasmine, fern & rose,
I´m breathing in your nape & your soft hair, tickling my quivering nose.

I still smell that small talcum-soft babe, so sweet & peacefully at rest,
And that milky, musky aroma, dripping from small lip & from my breast,
That cake, that bread, that floury & messily, together we baked & made,
Eaten warm & yeasty smelling, baked with love & brown eggs freshly laid.

Autumn leaves raked, wind blowing to heaven newly mown green grass,
The first dust-blasting raindrops, pitter-pattering upon cosy window glass,
That new-born smell of your very first & very endearing, fluffy wee pup,
In times of stress, of peppermint tea, served in the best bone china cup.

Memories float in & out, drifting on waves of aromas, scents & perfumes,
Lost & fading upon reminiscence & ebbing away with clouds & old moons,
Today I smell of old sepia lace & lavender, I am now merely an old gran,
The years have flown by & chased by days, swiftly on aromas they ran.

No comments:

Post a Comment