Wednesday 3 April 2013

HIGHWAYS AND BYWAYS:



Do I take the car along tarred winding road?
Or plane flying high to carry my heavy load?
Do I take a ship to cross ocean´s blue pool?
Maybe a cart pulled by long suffering mule?

I stand at crossroads, no knowing which way,
Do I turn left, right, do I go round, or just stay?
Heart tells me straight & head just stays dumb,
My vision sees it all, yet my soul feels so numb.

At the crossroads I crumble, I fall, kneel & pray,
Asking Lord´s angels to please show me the way,
Highway & byway, paths & the long lonely road,
Please, which do I take Lord, to my final abode?

On the horizon of my soul, there appeared a light,
Now the cobwebs lifted & removed, gifting me sight,
And it shone, suddenly becoming so apparently clear,
That the road I should take was so very, very near.

Go to the East & you´ll be met by day´s rosy dawn,
Turn right to the South & sun will give you fair morn,
West where sun beds the earth & kisses the moon,
Leads North to earth, where you´ll be born again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment