Monday 16 February 2015

MEMORIES:


Child I have birthed you, into very humble & poor home,

Where money is scarce, & hunger always prowls & groans,

Where cold wind leeches bones & your tears turn to ice,

But my child I promise you, your memories, I will make nice.

 

Child I shall gift you memories, to make you laugh & giggle,

I´ll dance you warm with love, to make your cold toes wiggle,

And with every barefooted step, you shall walk a happy mile,

My child, though I have no coin, I´ll try hard to make you smile.

 

Child I shall make you sweet memories, to last your life in joy,

I´ll deem to make every memory for you, a happy & lasting toy,

Your sad dried crusty hunger, I shall replace with story, hug & kiss,

I´ll replace poverty with memories child, so feast you´ll never miss.

 

Child I shall leave you memories, so that when I leave this world,

Store them in your being & within your heart they´ll be unfurled,

So that when life gets too hard, you may take them out & smile,

Knowing that with happy memories, you can walk a million miles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment