Monday 5 January 2015

THE WIND TOLD ME SECRETS:


The wind told me of secrets that nobody knew,

Of people long gone away & of folk yet to come,

She told of deep forests, where all beasts can sing,

Of dancing small birds, upon warm thermals of rose,

Of poets beneath oceans, sporting silver scales & fins,

The wind told me secrets, in her soft whispers & sighs,

Telling me, always to smile & to never bend nor to fold,

To keep hope alight & alive, deep in my heart & my soul,

The wind tickled & tousled my hair & told me to follow,

She kissed my rosy cheek & then she went on her way,

So I followed her skipping, with a happy hop & a leap,

And on our way, she related her tales never to be told,

Of those ancient far lands, that we can no longer see,

Of loves that endure all of life´s hardships that pass,

The wind told me all her secrets & I gave her my vow,

That never would her words, be released from my lips.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment