Friday 9 January 2015

BEST FRIENDS:


I just wish that I could fall in love with you,

And that you would feel the same way too,

I wish we could cleave unto one another,

Instead of only loving like sister & brother.

 

We are sworn friends for life, both you & I,

Vowing our friendship, until the day we die,

Tying promising knots & worn hair in lockets,

Our names upon pebbles, within our pockets.

 

We grew up, we aged & we wed other lovers,

Those, whom we loved, unlike sister & brother,

We mated, we bred & our offspring flew away,

Our lives changed, yet our friendship still stayed.

 

Now, we are widow & widower, both you & I,

We, both closer now, to the time we must die,

But I´m still wishing, I could fall in love with you,

And still wishing, you´d feel the same way too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment