Sunday 7 October 2012

SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN:



This morning I walked through the empty, silent, Sunday, Gibraltarian streets until I reached the Alameda botanical gardens which sat in silence on my entering. Gibraltar was swathed in the swirling, low-lying mists that I love. This soft cape hid the last of the lingering summer. The birds were at their scuttlings & scratchings, grabbing what they could before the last greedy autumn snatchings.
The aromas of wild mountain herbs, honeysuckle & dew-kissed quenchingly green limes hanging indolently on pregnant branches ready for the picking & the dropping of their aromatic fruits. The cacophony of southern birdsong in the burnished & now bruised red, copper, gold & scarlet leaves, dancing a Gibraltan jig in the merry breeze, all left me in Nirvana, where I was alone, but never for one moment lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment