Tuesday 9 October 2012

SONS:



Please, I ask, do not judge me for my age,
I´m now not your mentor, seer nor sage,
I´ve reared you with love & daily blessed,
Giving life from womb & nurturing breast.

Now you´re men & from the nest long flown,
The past, with the wind has away now blown,
Now you look back at me with eyes that say,
Mum, “do this, do that”, & “no, not that way”.

I gave you all that I thought was proper & right,
I´ve lived in the shadows & gave you all my light,
I gave you deep roots & the wings for you to fly,
And with no regrets, letting my own life go by.

Now you have grown & now you are true men,
And you have left me to have my life back again,
I have let you be you, now please let me be me,
So I pray you be happy & leave me to just be.

My dreams now lived aren´t  yours, nor yours mine,
My time maybe short now but is still so very divine,
You are young & determined to make your own way,
I am older, so leave me be & please just let me stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment