Saturday 6 October 2012

NO MAN IS AN ISLAND:



“No man is an island,” or so I´ve read & so they say,
So why am I always all alone on earth & also at sea?
The lighthouse stands alone by itself & very far away,
And on the desert plains, alone stands the single tree,
There is but a solitary ripple on night´s dark & lonely bay,
All these singularities & more are all alone just like me.

Deep in the forest is always one tree that stands alone,
Up in midnight´s starry firmament Luna always sits apart,
Within daylight´s cloudy heavens, the sun sits on his own,
The winner in life´s race is alone from the running start,
Each beat is a beat alone, from the throbbing lonely heart,
Of all the pebbles washed away, there´s always one left stone.

In this crazy unorganized life & order of disorganized things,
Unity brings order & peace & unity is what comes to bare,
Within the notes of the song, it´s one voice that really sings,
Surrounded by cacophonic hubbub, I can only stand & stare,
And only wish I could rise above it on a single pair of wings,
But is me being an island to the universe, really being unfair?

No comments:

Post a Comment