Saturday 2 March 2013

FOOTSTEPS:



I felt your unseen tippy steps, deep within my secret womb,
I knew we were bound together, from long before the tomb,
You pitter-pattered into my young untrained & scattered days,
And I followed you the rest of my life in a proud & dreamy daze.

I heard your footsteps tottering from tiny tot to youthful hope,
My eyes followed every step as you danced your life’s new scope,
Your soft cloistered steps echoed as you vowed your sweet “I do “,
 I stepped back & from long distance, I knew I´d always love you.

Your steps now danced with the choosing of your life´s own love,
Your steps now hovered over your son´s little head from up above,
And son, how I missed your footsteps in my long-ago distant dreams,
 I wondered where those footsteps went, in all my planning schemes.

You lay upon my old grave of those disappeared & dusty old years,
As a song from Leonard Cohen says, “A garland of freshly cut tears”,
As my retreating footsteps echo through the halls of memories past,
I give thanks, that in our lives; our footsteps were bound & tied so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment