Monday 1 December 2014

UK:


How I love that place, the good old UK,

Where people are so kind & the country´s ok,

Where the weather´s good & beaches are golden,

Where there´s quirk & charm in everything olden,

Where the good food has it´s certain reputation,

Where tea & crumpets, are toff´s daily fixation,

Where politics is democratic & Oh so very fair,

Where dreadlocks walks with blonde flaxen hair,

Where people dress so well & in colours so bold,

Where all tots are poured big & beer´s always cold,

Where at Eurovision contest, they sing the best song,

Where Royalty struts regally & they never do wrong,

What is it about the Brits that I love so very much?

Back-off all you doubters, the UK you cannot touch,

So put away those pointing & accusing sharp fingers,

For when you´re on that Isle, you stay & love to linger,

So tell me, have I got it wrong, or am I just a total freak?

Or are my banal scribbles, just merely tongue in cheek?

No comments:

Post a Comment