Sunday 7 December 2014

HOUSEWIFE:


As I fold away neatly, your crisp cotton sheets,

Tucking my thoughts away, in soft quiet pleats,

Your house I dust clean & your floors I do mop,

As from pails of my eyes, my tears roll & drop.

 

With soapy warm suds, I wash dirty used dishes,

Within coloured bubbles, drift away all my wishes,

Daily, I wash, clean & iron, your worn soiled clothes,

While upon washing-line, my ambition, away blows.

 

The plans, dreams & schemes I once, long ago made,

All disappeared, within the painful birthing of babes,

And all the while, I was searching, seeking & looking,

Lost schemes melted, in the daily steam of my cooking.

 

Every day, through the years, that I cared & I cleaned,

Keeping your house in order, till it shone & it gleamed,

You ask me softly now, why I stay & to what is it due?

And I answer by saying, “It´s simply because I love you”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment