Friday 17 August 2012

SWEET DREAMSSS:


Sauntering into sleep I was swept, swirling into the land of scintillating dreams. Along sun-dappled scenery I was serenaded by sweet-voiced starlings. Stepping over the scattered skeins of spiders silk, spun over shaded ancient stones, I came across the silver surf where sea-weeded sirens sang, with haunting satin chants, of Atlantis below our dreams. I stooped & put my still ear to the sleeping silky shell, & heard the soft sussuring of river, sea & well. Crossing to the other side of all waters of the world, I stepped beneath the canopy of softly dripping trees, where the very existence of life could be heard within the leaves. The heaving sighs of mother earth & her seething, sorry tears, echoed within the breeze. The soft-slippered snail´s spittle guided me along a silver path, to where I heeded, etched in wind, the sinful secrets of our past. To a place in ancient time, where I spied the sacred scripts & scrolls, penned by quill of forgotten seer, still un-believed by man. Resounding through the forest walls, voices of the lone, of women all, of suffragettes & surrogates, of every sister, maid & mother. Etched upon my memory, painted in my dreams, the sinful, scarlet seepings, of Salem´s sanguined crones.  Swiftly blown through continents, through aeons of times before, serenaded by the selkies, below leaden skies & moulten shore. I sleep, swooning, sailing upon a moon-beamed, cobbled sea, to a blistered land of scorching sands; could this be serendipity? As I lay my head upon the slumbering duned pillow of dervish-swirling sands, behind my lilac-syringa lids, I feel you slipping through my hands, into the dust of never. The slithering serpent soothes in her sliding, weaving sonnets in sand & I embrace close my senses of silica, as I look up at the siblings of sunbeams & stars, knowing that dawn is close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment