Friday 27 July 2012

SEEKING ANSWERS:


I wend my weary way through past´s of silent cloisters,
Seeking life´s un-answered, forgotten rusty voices.
I stand upon ancient rocky brine-washed shore,
Observing aeons sculptures of determined ancient tor.

I listen to misty whisperings of softly dancing wind songs,
To the voices of the ancestors, blown away, long gone,
Trying to capture wisdom passing fleetingly on the breeze,
Trying to read the waves & knowledge guarded by the seas.

I seek to know the secrets of the babe´s unhappy wail,
Of why there´s hunger, pain, suffering & ideals locked in jail,
All I hear are fading footsteps through life´s receding hall,
And wind in its howling, is telling me nothing at all.

The what´s, the when´s & the lost weary why-fores,
Drift away on willful wishes & settle on distant shores,
While I kneel on bended knee, praying to a silent God,
Just hoping my meager pleas do not fall upon earless sod.

I´ve searched within the now & within wrinkled, withered time,
But I know these sorry seekings, are really only mine,   
I don´t expect an answer to problems ever there,
But would like to know there´s someone listening,
Wherever, somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment