Friday 6 July 2012

MUSIC:



Play me the flute of life´s repute,
Of all that´s good, of love & compassion,
The music of all that´s beyond refute,
Of loves platonic & those of passion.

Play me the sitar of gentle chantings,
Of all that´s faith & all that´s God,
Of the gentle earth & all our plantings,
Of life in water, sky & humble sod.

Play me the drums of ancestors old,
Of all who have passed & those to come,
Resounding messages of nations bold,
Echoing past the moon into the arms of the sun.

Play me the lute, guitar, mandolin, penny-whistle,
Pluck me, strum me & beat me the tune,
Serenade the rose, the oak, the wind-blown thistle,
So all may dance beneath the crystal moon.

But of all the symphonies I wish to hear,
Is that of your voice, now long gone,
Listening with my heart & not my ear,
Lingering in my soul, your eternal song.

No comments:

Post a Comment